Monday, June 29, 2009

I have posted a few times about my recently resolved din torah. My lawyer during that ordeal was Ed Rubin z"l. Ed and I would get together whenever he was in Israel or I was in the States, ostensibly to discuss the case. We'd invariably discuss the case for about three minutes and then spend hours chatting about Israeli politics, the heimish Upper West Side scene, Rebbishe politics (he was a Rubin and a Halberstam, Rebbishe yichus on both sides, and lawyer for his wayward cousins), all topics with which he was intimately familiar and had insightful opinions. He was a tenacious lawyer, but always fought with integrity.

Ed passed away suddenly a few weeks ago at the way-too-young age of 57. Our relationship began as lawyer-client, but ended as a friendship. I will miss him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home