Saturday, August 14, 2004

Tomorrow we make the obligatory trip to the Great North. Kayaking or tubing down the Snir (Hatzabani) River (which is a river in the same sense that the Kineret is a sea) is a family ritual observed with the same devotion as eating matza on Pesach. We also hope to catch some of the Tzfat Klezmer shebang. MOChassid will be happy to hear that absolutely no Shiny Shoe music is scheduled but I expect to see lots of clarinetists wearing faux kasketlich, which I find only slightly less grating. I'm hoping to catch various neo-Breslav Carlebach wannabes, some of whom are quite good.

When I get back, I hope to deal with the Barak court in some detail as well as some thoughts on the mathematics of sfek sfeka. (I knew that we keep you in suspense.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

There's an article in YU's defunct publication called Gesher written by a someone who was math prof at columbia and an MTJ musmach. I'm forgetting the author and the issue, but I know he dealt w/set theory.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

You're referring to Leon Ehrenpreis, formerly of YU and now of Temple University.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home