Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I remember well the day I took our oldest to his first day of first grade. It was an extremely loaded experience for me. I felt our little boy was beginning ever-so-slightly to slip away from us. Would he be well treated? Would he be able to take care of himself? So many doubts, so many fears. When he couldn't see, I shed a few tears. (He managed just fine.)

I had awfully similar feelings tonight when I sent that little boy off to his first day as a paratrooper in the IDF.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rafi G. said...

I wish him well. they grow up quickly...

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait till you walk him to his chuppah, iy'h.....THAT's a trip!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giyus kal!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey R. Woolf said...

May HaQadosh Barukh hu bring him home safe and sound.

8:01 PM  
Blogger treppenwitz said...

I have this mental image of your underweight tzanchan jumping out of a plane and fluttering slowly to earth like a leaf. :-)

Looking forward to my newest passenger on Sunday.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

ה' ישמרהו מכל רע

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home